This is Lisa
We are happy to introduce our revamped “Faces of Penta” series, with a new format. Penta is your lively neighbourhood hotel, and this is our space to showcase interesting guests and cool people from our destinations. Lisa is a regular at Pentahotel Warrington, and we are majorly inspired by what she does for her community. The last years have shown us just how important key workers are for our society, and we are humbled to be the hotel of choice for people like Lisa.
1. Hi, let’s start with your name.
2. Who was the last person you called?
Work, to get my handover!
3. What do you do for a living?
Paediatric intensive care transport doctor.
4. …and how would you describe that in simple words to your 6-year-old self?
I look after very sick children and move them by ambulance (or sometimes helicopter!) to hospitals that can give them more treatment.
5. Tell us something that you are passionate about.
Reducing the negative impact of intensive care on children’s psychology – play therapy, a nice environment, natural daylight and ensuring as much normality as possible for the family, in a very abnormal situation.
6. Who are your role models?
Anyone who can juggle parenthood and work better than me!
7. Finally, what’s your drink of choice?
Tea at work, Gin & Tonic on my days off ;)